Listen to the Music: A Poem (9/14/2021)

 

Listen to the Music – by Autumn Boyet-Stinton (September 14, 2021)

 

At times the world feels heavy, pushing down upon my back,

I feel a crushing sadness, and an impending raged crack…

But I listen to the music, and it calms my racing mind.

 

To keep from going crazy, to keep the rage more calm,

To keep my nerves from shattering, draining my peace all gone…

I listen to the music, and I feel myself connect.

 

In moments I feel sadness, or emotion without control,

When life has done its best (or worst), to take a vicious toll…

I listen to the music, and I center from within.

 

No matter what the feeling, or where I might be led,

I can escape the pressure and voices in my head…

When I listen to the music, and wrap up in her arms.

 

No moment is without a tune, life’s notes are always there,

It means no one is left alone, with all the weight to bear.

So, I listen to the music and let it soothe my soul. 

 

I Listen to the music…and find peace as is my goal. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Form Writing - A Poem: THE STORM (July 20, 2017)

Anxiety, You BITCH! (5/14/2018)

Imposed Timelines or My Own Guidepost - Which am I following? (8/14/2018)