The Fringes: A Poem (5/31/2018)

THE FRINGES - by Autumn Boyet Stinton

 
Along the fringes of my mind,
               pictures come and go.

I wonder of their origin,
               and question what I know.

As if through a pane of misty water,
              my focus is all but clear.

 Images fading in and out,
               happiness, anxiety, serenity and fear.

My imagination and experience,
               take on the leading role.

Dark and dim, vivid and bright,
               conjured up within my soul. 

The line is blurred or missing,
                and I find it hard to see,

I cannot say for certain, 
               truth, counterfeit or reality? 

But I am not bothered anyway,
               I find no fear or pain.

They come almost into focus,
               yet drift before clarity I gain.

No focus or desired fate,
               will change what I can not clearly see.

And no matter the effort I expend,
               I cannot alter what will be. 

The fringes don’t give up their secrets,
               they simply hold their steady ground.

And make us wonder and question,
               the answers not yet found. 

                    Photography by Autumn Boyet Stinton ©2018


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Form Writing - A Poem: THE STORM (July 20, 2017)

Anxiety, You BITCH! (5/14/2018)

Imposed Timelines or My Own Guidepost - Which am I following? (8/14/2018)