A Poem: RIGHT HERE - by Autumn Boyet-Stinton (2/19/2023)

 We can't fight battles for other.  We aren't responsible to fix the problems others find themselves drowning in.  These are lessons that I have to remind myself of and need to learn over and over. 

However, true compassion and love tends to propel us toward those we love.  We want to help and support those who mean the most to us - even if we don't know how.  

This poem was inspired by dear friends and the love they so freely give.  Because true love knows no bounds.  


RIGHT HERE
By Autumn Boyet-Stinton
 
I see your eyes track the pieces
            scattered all around…
Bits of you tossed in the air
            others crashing to the ground.
 
I feel your confusion wrapping
            and choking out your sight…
You shudder from the sun and light
            and crave only the oblivion of darkest night.
 
The moments stall-out and freeze
            the burn so hot you shatter…
Hope found brittle in your fear again
            of whether you still matter.
 
The hollow, it does expand again
            just after the pain of breaking…
Now lost in surrender to the empty
            and all that it is taking. 
 
The level tips and down you slip
            the place you know not where…
But nothingness is a sweet relief
            and you have no strength to care. 
 
But I will find your pieces, love
            even scattered all about…
And I will answer for you, dear
            and lay siege on any doubt. 
 
I’ll be there if you need me
            to sit and hold your hand…
Or quietly right next to you
            I will firmly stand.
 
For even if you come to find
            some have been lost…
I will help you build some new ones
            regardless of the cost.
 
Because I care and love you
            much more than you can know…
I promise to stay beside you
            to help you learn and grow. 
 
But in this moment here and now,
            so ripe with pain and fear…
Know I love you always
            and I am just…RIGHT HERE. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Form Writing - A Poem: THE STORM (July 20, 2017)

Anxiety, You BITCH! (5/14/2018)

Imposed Timelines or My Own Guidepost - Which am I following? (8/14/2018)