A Cherished Gift From My Mom - (10/25/2017)

On my 43rd birthday, I received an unexpected and truly remarkable gift from my mother - an written recollection on my birth.  I was brought to tears at her words.  What an amazing gift my mom is to me! 


Memories (Remembering October 25th, 1974)

With a smile, I remember it well.

Finally, pain was bringing the moment closer & closer.  I was so excited, couldn't wait!  It seemed like we had been waiting forever!  


I was sure you were a girl.  Your daddy wanted a girl so badly.  
We had your name all picked out and waiting.  What if you were a boy?  We hadn't decided on a name because we were sure you were a girl.

At last we got our wish - SHE was here!  

Red hair just as we pictured.  What a fireball!  So alert - Staring at the world with an independent curiosity, that seemed to be a challenge to the world.  The nurses said you kept the nursery in an uproar - better for me!  They let me have you more than the other mothers got their babies.  

What happy memories!  My little red headed violet-eyed doll!

What happiness & pride I have felt through the years as your mother.  

You amazed us as a baby, but continued to do so throughout your life.  Intelligent, outgoing, talented, loyal, generous and so beautiful!

You always made us so proud to be your parents.  

Of course, I would have loved you even if you were not as you are, but you have made it so easy!!  I love you and miss being close to you, but am thankful you are my Daughter.

Mom
October 25, 2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Form Writing - A Poem: THE STORM (July 20, 2017)

Anxiety, You BITCH! (5/14/2018)

Imposed Timelines or My Own Guidepost - Which am I following? (8/14/2018)