Heartache Home Brew: A Poem (11/5/2018)

HEARTACHE HOME BREW
by Autumn Boyet Stinton
 
A master brew of pain and strife,
I’ve brewed you up a few times in my life. 

The ingredients in the mix are strong alone,
But, swirling together they make me heartache prone.

Oh, heartache home brew, look what you do…
Look what you do! 

 
 
There’s pain and hurt and love and lust,
No communication, loss of self and loss of trust.

When things fall apart and get real rough,
There comes a point when its just been enough.

Oh, heartache homebrew, it’s because of you…
Because of you!


 
Things breakdown, I’ll slip and have to let go,
I’ll plummet through rock-bottom and still down I’ll go. 

I drown in churning emotions and fear,
The path out and forward to me is never clear.

Oh, heartache home brew, what you put me through…
What you put me through! 

 

The angst will gnaw and eat me up inside,
It breaks my heart, my soul and bruises my pride.

I question myself, everyone and everything,
My sanity barely hangs on by a frayed and worn string.

Oh, heartache home brew, look what you do…
Look what you do! 

 

Standing outside always offers the clearest view,
But here on the inside I figure what to do. 

How to feel, who to be, what to say,
It changes minute-by-minute and day-to-day.

Oh, heartache home brew, damn you…
Damn you!

 

Like all good spirits, you will lose your bite,
Even if I drink you each and every night. 

You’ll slosh over my edges and dull my pain,
Until my footing I will surely once again gain. 

Oh, heartache home brew, your penance is due…
Long overdue! 

 

One day I won’t need you as my wounds start to heal,
I’ll figure out how to go on, how to cope how to deal.

My thirst for you will, real life will quench,
I’ll stand up and walk away from your filthy stench. 

Oh, heartache home brew, goodbye to you…
Goodbye to you!

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Form Writing - A Poem: THE STORM (July 20, 2017)

Anxiety, You BITCH! (5/14/2018)

Imposed Timelines or My Own Guidepost - Which am I following? (8/14/2018)