My Life is a Beach: (January 7, 2019)

1, 2, 3…seconds go fleeting by.
               Life stops for nothing, no one.

1, 2, 3…choices I make stack up by the second.
               Some mundane, yet others carry weight.

1, 2, 3…each person I meet may intercede.
               Friend of foe, their decisions casting change over my life. 

1, 2, 3…layers upon layers of decisions collect.
               Compressing, setting in stone the story of my life.

It is almost unfathomable to consider all the choices that we make in our lives.  Like grains of sand, the vast number of which are incalculable.  Our waking hours are filled with so many choices that nary a one of us really consider the impact that our choices have on our own lives, let alone the lives of others.  Yet, the decisions keep adding up…1, 2, 3.

1, 2, 3…every second of the day I make choices – consciously as well as subconsciously.  It is a never-ending compilation of this and that, yes and no, decision making all set to the speed of life.  Each choice we make, individually, or with others and by means of outside circumstance, combine together into the events that make up our existence.  events. 

The irony is that something so powerful as a choice or a decision is almost lost, individually, in the static of life.  The need to make decisions never ends.  And so the choices begin to add up…1, 2, 3, like grains of sand on the beach of life.  Grains of sand that layered, compress and coalesce into the sediment of our being and then set our existence into stone.  

And so, I pick my way through this life, choosing, deciding and creating my beach sand grain by sand grain...1, 2, 3. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Form Writing - A Poem: THE STORM (July 20, 2017)

Anxiety, You BITCH! (5/14/2018)

Imposed Timelines or My Own Guidepost - Which am I following? (8/14/2018)